For Major Latin American Airline
Tronos Aviation Consulting was retained by a major Latin American Airline to assist in the development and specification of the interior layout and products for its 70+ new narrow body fleet of aircraft. Specific Tronos Aviation Consulting’s services included:
- Interior product evaluation with a key focus on seat products and specification;
- A significant interior layout study of options on all available models of the narrow body aircraft being purchased. Tronos Aviation Consulting developed well over 150 layout options for consideration;
- Development of detailed product specifications for seats, inflight entertainment and inflight connectivity; and
- Strategic sourcing of in-flight connectivity provider including extensive support in RFP development and supplier response evaluations and final contract negotiations.
For Asian Leasing Company
Tronos Aviation Consulting was retained by an Asian based leasing company to assist in the sourcing and specification development of a fleet of new narrow body aircraft. Tronos Aviation Consulting’s services included:
- Assistance in the comparison of OEM narrow body value propositions and support offerings;
- Assistance in engine selection comparisons;
- Support for purchase contract pricing and term negotiations with OEMs;
- Support for purchase contract pricing and term negotiations with engine manufacturers for the two aircraft options; and
- Facilitating order placement by the leasing company, including the development of the detailed aircraft specification for the leasing company.
For Tier 1 Seat Supplier
Tronos Aviation Consulting was engaged by a new Tier 1 seat supplier to assist in market entry, product strategy development, market forecasting and other start-up strategy tasks. Tronos Aviation Consulting’s services included:
- Customized air transport passenger seating market forecast;
- Current passenger seating market product comparisons and flight reviews;
- Design and specification considerations for new passenger seats;
- Certification overview and assistance for seat product;
- Study on geographic logistics and potential locations for set up of seat production lines including regional supplier sourcing studies; and
- Overview of customer buying behaviors, sales channels and approaches for both new line production and aftermarket seat sales.